SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a technique of generating traffic from organic or natural search results on search engines such as Google and Yahoo. All major search engines work on the basis of primary search results where content such as videos and listings are shown and ranked based on relevance as judged by the search engine.
Who Is Benefited By SEO?
Every business will benefit from the usage of SEO as it can generate maximum traffic from leading search engines such as YouTube, Google, and Bing, to the company website. By investing in SEO, the company leverages all of the below-mentioned benefits.
- Organic Search is the prime source of website traffic. There are individuals searching the company or its products on search engines. Using SEO can route the people who may be benefited, directly to the company website.
- Quality traffic: People may be searching for the problems you can solve, and hence the search engine can generate genuine customers to the company.
- SEO increases sales and leads: Statistics show that a company using SEO has more probability to have an increased sale each month and a stronger growth.
- Builds trust and credibility: SEO establishes a strong foundation and an effective user experience to ensure that the site is clean and easily discoverable with thanks to the credibility of the brand and its digital properties.
- SEO is relatively cheap: As compared to other forms of promotion, SEO is cheaper and effective.
- SEO is a long time strategy: There is a noticeable impact within the first year of action and most of these effects possess long-term impacts. Basic SEO practices being employed can even improve a site that has not had a lot of intense SEO recommendations. The more the budget allotted, time and effort that is committed to an SEO, the longer and better a company website stands to be a worthy contender in the market.
- SEO can put you in the first page of search results: forty percent of all click-throughs are done on the first three results of the search while the second page has 30% content which doesn’t ever get clicked.
What Is SEO Strategy?
SEO strategy is the process of organizing the content of a website based on relevance and topic in order for a search engine to understand a user’s intent while searching. You can rank high for long keywords related to the topic as well with the help of proper optimization of a web page around topics.
Steps To Devise A Strategy
Here are a few points to cover all the bases of organizing the webpage and implementing the SEO strategy to maximum effect. If you are facing a struggle in finding the right SEO proposal template to send out to potential clients, SEOJet has a good one here.
Step 1: Making a list of Topics: The first step to organic growth is to prepare a list of topics to cover per month. Compiling a list of 10 short words and terms associated with the service provided is a good way to start. Making use of Google keyword tool can be beneficial to identify search volumes for each keyword. Every keyword forms a pillar and forms the foundation for every long-tailed keyword.
Step 2: Preparing a list of long-tail keywords based on the topic: For every pillar identified, the keyword tool can be used to pick out five or ten long tailed keywords to intensify the search result. Usage of subtopics to explain a specific concept related to every short tail keyword can also increase the optimization level. The more detailed and specific the content is, the more likely it is to cause traffic conversion.
Step 3: Building pages for each topic: Create a webpage for every pillar word selected that outlines the topic at a high level with the help of a long-tail keyword linked to it.
Step 4: Setting up a blog: This is an incredible way to rank keywords and engage the users that reach the website. Every blog is simply a new space that can be utilized to rank higher in search engines.
Step 5: Blog regularly (weekly) to develop page authority: There is also value in writing about tangential topics that may gain the interest of customers as they can give the website an authority in the eyes of the search engine.
Step 6: Create a link-building plan: Link building is the primary objective of an off-page SEO, and plays a huge role in the ranking process.
Step 7: Stay updated on SEO news and practices: This helps you utilize evolved practices and gain an effective advantage.
Step 8: Measure and track the SEO success with time: And make changes to your strategy if needed. You can use tools like Google Analytics to track the performance of your site.