French Toast Recipe
French toast is a common dish eaten worldwide and also known as eggy bread. It is prepared by first soaking the bread into beaten eggs then frying it. Let us understand in detail how to make this scrumptious recipe.
French toast is prepared in different ways throughout the world. Its Ingredients depend upon the kind of French toast you are making. You can make any variation, but certain things must be included without which your toast will not be a French toast. Bread, milk, and eggs are the things that are compulsory. Other things can be varied according to the personal likings. They are added or removed to enhance or reduce the taste.
Tip: It is better if you use day-old bread rather than a fresh bread to make French toast. The stale bread absorbs more mixture but if you only have fresh bread that will also work.
- 6 Slices of regular bread
- 3 eggs (use 1 egg for 2 slices of beard)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of sugar (you can add as per your choice)
- Jam or syrup (if you like)
- Cinnamon (optional, add according to taste)
- Butter for frying (1-2 tablespoon)
Follow these simple steps to make tasty French toast.
Preparing the mixture:
- Beat the eggs completely in a bowl.
- Add milk and sugar in it and continue beating.
- Add cinnamon and also vanilla extract if you like with milk and sugar.
- Pour the mixture in a tray so the bread can be completely get soaked in them without breaking.
You might like also:
Preparing the pan for cooking:
- Before you start preparing the mixture, place the pan on high heat so pan gets heated sufficiently.
- When it is thoroughly heated, lower the heat.
- Put butter in the pan and mix it, when the mixture is complete
- If you are using the nonstick pan, don’t use butter, the surface of the pan will do the work.
Preparing French toast:
- Soak the slice in the mixture (but don’t over soak).
- Place them in the preheated pan with butter.
- Heat the one side first and when it is completely done, heat the other side.
- Heat, till they turn golden brown.
- When done remove it from the pan and place it on the plate.
- Serve with jam, syrup, butter or whatever you like.
It is served worldwide with different toppings. The toppings vary from butter to fruits. You can add honey, jam, fruit slices, butter, syrups etc. Toppings are selected according to the choice.
World’s most delicious French toast
Hong Kong style French toast is among the 50 most delicious foods of the world and it is very easy to make also. This easy recipe will guide you on how to make this delicious toast.
- Whip 2 eggs thoroughly
- Add two bread slices together in a mixture of the egg.
- Melt the butter in the heated griddle. (Plentiful butter is required because you have to deep fry the toast)
- Deep fry the mixture soaked bread in the butter.
- Fry until the slices become golden brown.
After removing from the griddle, serve them in the plate with the large cube of butter on top, or golden syrup. It is also served with honey.