“Yesterday, I have downloaded a PDF file from the web, however, it holds a watermark in its every page. The color of this watermark is little dark due to which, it is affecting my reading. After that, when I tried to delete the watermark via Adobe Acrobat, it throws an error message, which states that I do not have adequate permissions to perform the task. I do not have any idea about this error message. Is there any expert, who can resolve cannot remove watermark from PDF issue? Thank you!”
Are you searching solution for the same query? If yes then, certainly you have landed on the right solution page. Here, you will get a complete solution to fix unable to remove watermark from PDF problem. So, let us get started with the reasons that are responsible for this issue.
Well, if you cannot remove watermark from PDF document then, it is sure that this file is marked as SECURED due to which you are unable to delete watermark from PDF. Now, we will show you that how you can do this even without losing a single bit of data.
Offline Technique to Remove Watermark from Secured PDF File
If you need to resolve unable to remove watermark from PDF issue manually then, you have to go through two major steps:
1. Remove security from PDF file
2. Remove watermark from PDF file
Step 1: Removing Security from Secured PDF Document
If the user cannot remove watermark from PDF, first, you have to delete security from PDF files. Only after that, you can perform any action over unsecured PDF. For this, follow the below guidelines:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat application then, open the secured PDF file that consists of watermarks
- Now, click on the File tab and choose Properties option
- In Document Properties wizard, select the Security tab
- Here, choose No Security option from the drop-down button that is situated next to Security Method
- After that, you will be asked for a Permissions Password, enter the password in this box, hit the OK button
- Again click on OK >> OK to verify that you are sure to remove the security
- Press ‘Ctrl + S’ to save the PDF file with done changes
Step 2: Delete Watermark from PDF File via Adobe Acrobat
After removing restrictions and saving the PDF file as unsecured, you can easily delete the watermark by using Adobe Acrobat. Below are the steps for same:
- Open Adobe Acrobat and click on Tools tab
- Select Edit Page Design >> Watermark
- Now, click on Remove option
- Hit the Yes button when you will be asked that ‘Are you sure you want to permanently remove the watermark’
- Press ‘Ctrl + S’ buttons simultaneously to save the PDF file without watermarks
Important Note: You will get Watermark Remove option in licensed version of Adobe Acrobat.
Use Online Technique If Cannot Remove Watermark from PDF
As the offline method is lengthy and time-consuming also, it requires technical expertise to execute properly. Thus, to avoid all these limitations we recommend users to utilize online tools to fix this issue.
One can use Online PDF Unlocker tool to remove all copy, print, edit and extract restrictions from the PDF file. This is a freeware online utility that requires only to upload the secured PDF file. After uploading, users just need to hit the ‘Unlock your PDF’ button. After that, the software will remove security from PDF file and provide you an unsecured document.
Subsequently getting a restriction-free PDF file, use any reliable online tool to remove watermark from PDF.
Summing It Up
Considering the users’ problem ‘cannot remove watermark from PDF, we have come up with this editorial. Here, we have disclosed two Online and Offline methods to fix the issue “unable to remove watermark from PDF files”. So, users can opt for any solution according to their present necessities and preferences.