Social Media Marketing Has Vital Role in Digital Marketing
Let’ accept, social media marketing has become an integral part of your overall marketing strategy. It’s a powerful and influential platform for communication in today’s digital marketing world and why not?! The number of users accessing multiple social media sites is increasing exponentially. Reports indicate that more than half the population in the world is using the internet.Potential customers these days are focusing on what is mentioned online about your product and that determines their buying behavior. Let’s take a step back and understand what social media engagement is all about.
Social media are platforms that enable users to develop and share content and build on social networking. Some of the social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.Social media engagement measures the activities on these platforms to evaluate social media performance. Social media engagement helps in measuring the likes, shares, comments, followers and provides your business with meaningful insights.
It thus becomes imperative to know how to engage an audience on social media to leverage its potential to the fullest?Here are some social media engagements tactics that will help you boost social media engagement through effective content:
Social Media Engagements Tactics
Value added content –
The foremost social media engagement activity should be to write content that adds value to your reader. It needs to excite them, educate them, guide them and offer solutions to their problems. Your customers may have numerous questions and helping them with their questions will put your brand in an authoritative position, there by encouraging more engagement.
Focus on being on top of the game always. Interact with your customers on a regular basis. Keep your readers informed about any upcoming campaign, events, offers, or any such activities that will interest your audience. Make certain that the content on all social media platforms are up to date, seek feedback and act on any suggestions provided by your readers.
– Facebook users alone watch 100 million hours of video every single day. And 82% of Twitter users watch video on that network. However, the success of audience engaging through videos is based on the duration of the videos. Short videos, between 1-2 minutes, in a story telling format have always worked well in most social media sites.
There are plenty of apps that can help you in creating and editing videos. Here are a few for your reference:
- Windows Movie Maker
- Live Video Maker – Shakr
- YouTube’s Video Editor and many more.
One of the best ways for social media engagement is by tagging people who are friends, fans, active bloggers and influencers. However, the most important people to be tagged are people you mention in your content. Recognition is a great thing and it’s important to recognize people who contribute to amazing work. Have backlinks for their content, promote them and in turn gain visibility and recognition to your site. This will increase get the attention of their followers as well as increase reach to your website.
Schedule posts –
Every social media platform has a best time to post your content that will ensure increased engagement by your followers. So schedule your posts accordingly to maximize engagement. Based on research, here are the best times to post on various social media platforms.
Based on some research here are best times to post content on social media:
- Facebook: Wednesday through Sunday in the afternoon.
- Twitter: Weekdays in the afternoon or the evenings.
- Pinterest: Any day of the week in evening.
- LinkedIn: Tuesday through Thursday at 5 p.m.
- Instagram: Monday through Friday at 2 a.m. or 5 p.m.
Hashtags, keywords and headlines –
Effective use of hashtags, keywords and headlines for your content will promote engagement on social media.
Use hashtags when you are posting content on Twitter will double engagement. However, each social media platform has different number of hashtags to be used when posting content. Use them appropriately.
Effective and relevant keywords will help your content come right on top of a search query result. Readers will click on that content and provide their opinions – likes, shares, comments, etc. This will help in measuring social media engagement.
Write headlines that can connect with the audience instantly. Some very catchy headlines are the ones beginning with:
- How to….???
- Best ways to…??
- “X” ways to help..??
- Question related – When, where, why, what kind of headlines
Generally, they look for a problem and a solution in that headline. Such headlines, that makes your readers get answers to their problems promotes social media engagement.
Images &Infographics –
Any content on social media with images or infographics gets more views than just content with texts. You can also customize images by adding your company logo on it.
Infographics is a great way of communicating lot of meaningful information in a very succinct manner that readers can instantly relate to and remember.
To increase social media engagement, here are some things you can do with images:
- Use images across your content, especially at the beginning of your post
- Maintain a consistent, recognizable style that your readers can instantly connect to
- Use different types of images – GIFs, memes, stock images, cartoons, graphs, etc
Community Forums –
Social media is all about the network and communities you create online. Customers love being associated with their favorite brands and know what’s happening or what’s upcoming. By creating communities and posting on social media, you are helping your customers to engage with you on a regular basis in a conversational manner. The community forums will help in strengthening the relationship with your customers by being there for them.
9.Surveys and interactions –
Any activity that facilitates interaction with your customers will increase engagement on social media. The best way to promote that interaction is by sending them pop up surveys, having a free service, free gift card for a customer, having contests and giveaways, and many more. Make sure you tag your friends, family and followers so that they know what’s happening and update your site without fail on all the outcomes. Be genuine in every activity you do for your brand.
10.Support Social Issues –
Customers respect companies that support social issues and would like to be associated with such brands. So take a stance on social issues, post it on social media, ask people to follow, strengthen your reputation and automatically engagement will increase.
By using the above mentioned social media engagement ideas, you are creating social media friendly content which will help in greater interaction and engagement with your customers.
However, at this stage you may be wondering if it is all worth the effort? You also may be asking yourself why is social media engagement important.
Well, here are some reasons as to why social media engagement is important:
- 59% of people access social media every day or most days and over 1/3rd check social media atleast 5 times a day. Big target population to tap
- It’s a fun and easy way to stay in touch with family and friends and know what’s going on in their world
- About 95% of adults who are online are aged between 18 to 34 are more likely to follow a particular brand on social media
- You can reach a larger base of potential customers through social media. Increasing engagement on social media leads to increased participation by potential customers
- Marketing through social media will impact search engine optimization as well. Every relevant content that you post will only drive organic traffic to your website and thus provides you with an opportunity to engage with more customers
- It is extremely cost effective and having a larger reach
- Search engine rankings will get affected through social media
- Customers can voice out their opinions on social media and thus more customers can try your brand, due to the reviews you get online
- Social media can bring in awareness of your brand and provides an opportunity to get new customers
- Social media helps in building brand loyalty
It may be hard too for you to know which social media platform may work the best for you and give you the desired results. Here is a quick overview of various social media platforms, what they focus on and user interaction.
So, go on and use some social media engagement tactics to promote social media friendly marketing content and increase engagement with your customers. Give it a try and boost social media marketing. Maybe hard too for you to know which social media platform may work the best for you and give you the desired results. Here is a quick overview of various social media platforms, what they focus on and user interaction.
So, go on and use some social media engagement tactics to promote social media friendly marketing content and increase engagement with your customers. Give it a try and boost social media marketing.